SimpliThai Green Curry recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Green Curry cooking sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk (Aroy-D)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lb of Thai eggplants
- 1 bunch of sweet Thai basil
- about 5 kaffir lime leafs
- 2 cup Thai Jasmine rice (makes 4 cups cooked)
- Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice of (1-2 cups) protein
- chicken thighs
- start to prepare rice
- prepare 1-2 cups of chopped/sliced meat
- prepare 1½ cups of potable water or your favorite broth
- chop eggplants into bite-size pieces ( ~ 4-6 pieces / 1 eggplants )
- thinly slice Green bell pepper into long strips
- shred/chop the kaffir lime leaf
- chop the Sweet Thai basil
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring pot to stove on [medium-low] heat, add just ½ the can of coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk starts bubbling — add SimpliThai Green Curry Sauce, keep stirring for 2 min.
- Add the water, add the rest of the coconut milk, stir. Turn heat to [medium-high] to bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add meat/protein. When meat is cooked, add Thai eggplant. Stir, let cook for ~10 min. or until eggplants are cooked to your satisfaction.
- Add green bell pepper, (optional) Thai chili, and kaffir lime leaf. Let cook for ~2-3 min. or until the bell pepper is cooked to your satisfaction.
- Turn off stove. Stir in Sweet Thai basil.
Serve with rice.
PS - note that Green Curry can be transliterated from Thai as “gang ki'aw wa'an”, the word “wa'an" means sweet — so additional sugar may be added to taste.
How to make Green Curry