Thai Fried Rice Recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Stir-fry cooking sauce (60 ml.)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 medium size tomato (optional)
- 1 medium size carrot
- 100-200 gram green beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-5 sprigs of green onions
- ~2-5 cloves garlic
- Thai chilis, optional
- white pepper / black pepper powder
you simply add:
1-2 tbsp cooking oil, 3-4 eggs
your choice of (1 cup chopped) protein
- chicken breast
- Cook rice : refer to rice cooking instruction you may cook 1 day in advance, then keep in the fridge overnight for better result. However, you can use fresh cooked rice.
- chop green beans, yellow onion and tomatoes to bite-sized pieces
- chop green onions to 1 cm long pieces
- chop/mince garlic
- Dice carrot
- prepare your protein choice (if meat: chop or slice to bite-size)
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- To a stovetop on [medium-high] heat bring a non-stick pan, add ½-1 tbsp cooking oil, then minced garlic and (optional) Thai chili.
- When the garlic turns a golden-brown, add meat/protein choice, stir.
- Let cook for ~5 min. or until meat is half-cooked, at this point add in 1 tbsp of SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce, stir well, add ¼ cups water, stir, and let meat cook.
- When meat is cooked, move to one side of a pan, add in 1 tbsp of cooking oil, when oil is heated, crack in eggs, roughly scramble it and let egg slightly form shpe then mix egg & meat together.
- add in cooked rice, then do a quick toss/stir well. if rice is clumped together, break it apart in pan.
- Then add chopped yellow onions, carrots, green beans. Stir everything together, add more SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce to taste.
- Let it cook for a few minutes, turn off stove, sprinkle pepper powder and chopped green onions. Do a quick stir,..Done!
- You may serve with Prik Nam Pla (Thai chili-lime fish sauce) (see recipe here)